Friday, December 14, 2012

App time!

  I have two lists. One is from my kids therapists. The other is apps I've tripped on that I really like (for OT, speech, or just simply learning). I hope this helps others out there! Note that some of these are on the I-pad and mine are all Android based because right now my kids use my Kindle.


The list from my therapists:
Speech/ Language Apps
Language Builder by Mobile Education Tools (for I-pad)
Any flashcards or games by Kindergarten.com (for I-pad)- note this is just one link to one
    kind of flashcards. There's also cards for: sight words, food, problem solving, science,
    emotions, actions, animals, and receptive language development.
Toca Tea Party (for I-pad)
Pocket Phonics (for I-pad)
Dora Rhyming (for Android or I-pad)
Clean up by Different Roads to Learning (for I-pad)
Artik Pix (for I-Pad) or Pocket Artic (for Android) or Articulation Station (for I-pad)
iCommunicate- this has visual schedules, storyboards, communication boards, routines
    flashcards, choice boards, speech cards & more (spotlight app for AutismSpeaks)
Dress Up Free (for I-pad)
Speech with Milo (there's one for android, but more on I-pad)
Peekaboo Barn (for Android & I-pad)
Small Talk Phonemes (for I-pad)- everyday situation phrases, aid in dysgragia, oral
   motor exercies, daily activity phrases, medical care phrases (including pain),
   blends, days/ week/ month, numbers.
VAST (for I-pad)- used a lot w/ kids with autism. There's more than one app for this one.
Toddler Quiz (for I-pad)- don't let the name fool you. It's good for kids up to about 5 yrs old.
Monkey Preschool Lunchbox (for Android & I-pad)
ASL Dictionary (for Android & I-pad)
Fun with Directions, More Fun with Directions (for I-pad)
Super Duper (for Android & I-pad)
Picture the Sentence (for I-pad)
Sound Touch (for Android & I-pad)
Wheels on the Bus (for Android & I-pad)
Word Slapps (for I-pad)
Speech Therapy Apraxia (for Android & I-pad)
First Phrases (for I-pad)
My PlayHome (for Android & I-pad)

Occupational Therapy
ABC tracer (for Android & I-pad)
Toca Boca Apps (there's one for Android, but more for I-pad)
Coloring Apps (for Android & I-pad)
iSay (Simon)
Fruit Ninja (for Android & I-pad)
Highlights Hidden pictures (for I-pad)
Shape Builder (for Android & I-pad)
Where's Waldo (for Android & I-pad)
iWriteWords- featured in multiple fav app choices
iMazing
Impossible Maze (for I-pad) 
Counting Bills & Coins (for I-pad) 



My fav apps:
Hangman Free
First Grade Learning Games
Mathemagica
Coloring Book for kids


Apps I want to try:
Vocabulicious

Super Why!
Sid's Science Fair
Starfall: Learn to Read (my kids LOVE the website)
Smart Kids: 2nd Grade, Smart Kids: 3rd Grade, Smart Kids: 4th Grade
Learn to Count Money
American States & Capitals
American History Books

No comments:

Post a Comment